How a Garden Should Not Look

>> Friday, June 19, 2009


We planted the vegetable garden on May 25,2009 , we planted the two tomato plants, bell pepper plants ,sunflower seeds, and more. Shortly after planting the garden, a lovely rabbit ate the top off of my one and only cherry tomato plant. So we put up this small fence tat we found in our yard, and we are using anything we could find as fence post, like a pool cue stick, a rust old pipe I found while working up another flower bed, and any thing we could find that was straight enough for the job. Well the fence was short by a few inches, so we had to bring it in as close to the edge of the garden as we could. Then we tied it together with the remaining wire from the fence ends.


As of June 18,2009, the photo above shows exactly how weedy my vegetable garden is and how how the rows are very uneven, it does look very sad. Like I said earlier, I planted two tomato plants, and the big boy tomatoes are doing well, even has little baby tomatoes on them, my cherry tomato is gone, thanks to the rabbit. The four bell pepper plants are doing well and have a few blossoms on them, and should be seeing little ones soon. The radish are doing great, and are mighty tasty, a little warm but good. The carrots are still growing well, and still need a little more time to grow. I have a zucchini plant that is blossoming really well, and also is my pumpkins. I have three rows of sweet corn, had six but they decided not to grow for me. The last plants are my sunflowers, they are standing really nice and tall, they should look great this fall with the pumpkins. I also planted a some cucumber, it also decided not to show up this year.


Well since it is all closed up the only one that can get inside to work on it is my husband, and it has been raining in Cayuga, Indiana every other day. So the weeds are over taking the garden really fast, it should be drier next week so I am planing on getting out there then to work in all of my gardens, and I will get started on fixing this weedy problem that I have going on here.


I thought I would show you how your garden isn't suppose to look like, this is not a good way to garden it will bring lots of bugs to your garden. It is a very natural way, but it will slow down the productiveness of your vegetable garden. So my tip for you is to keep the weeds under control and it will work much better for you.


Until the next time Happy Gardening to All....

0 评论:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Vegetable Garden by zwey.com

Back to TOP